The body lift is a surgical procedure designed to tighten loose, sagging skin in the buttocks, thighs and hips.
Body lift surgery is ideally suited to patients who have undergone massive weight loss, and who are left with excess, sagging skin on multiple body areas.
How is a body lift procedure performed?
A body lift is major surgery whereby circumferential incisions remove the excess skin from around the midline, hips and back. Once the folds are removed the two skin edges are pulled taut, the navel is repositioned and the incisions are sutured.
Much care is taken to position incisions so they are concealed by underwear.
Typical timeline for a body lift procedure:
- This surgery can take anywhere between three to four hours.
- The procedure is typically performed under general anaesthetic and requires patients to stay in hospital at least overnight.
- Due to the large incisions and long time under anaesthetic you must rest.
- Walking will be difficult initially and you may be stooped over.
- You will likely have a compression garment post-op which helps support you and promotes healing of the body.
- You must not twist, lift or do anything strenuous for at least three weeks
- You will have clips in that will be removed at one to two weeks
- We recommend taping of incision lines for at least 12 weeks post surgery to promote best healing.
We provide this treatment at the following locations
Click the locations below for more information including contact details, directions and opening hours.