As we are living longer and more active lives, many people seek facial cosmetic surgery to help them look as young as they feel.
Facelifts are designed to reposition facial tissues that have dropped over time to promote a firmer, more youthful appearance and is often performed in conjunction with other procedures such as a neck lift and eye lid surgery.
Should I have face lift surgery?
Having a facelift is a very personal decision.
As we age, gravitational changes occur in the upper, mid and lower portions of the face, as well as an overall loss of volume in general which can be improved and somewhat reversed with surgery, however…
You need to be realistic. You need to be in good general health. You need to be well informed.
There are a number of face enhancement options available including skin care, anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers. The approach taken will depend on your individual concerns, budget and expectations.
Together we can work through your situation and offer solutions and options to make you the best version of yourself!
How is a face lift procedure performed?
Facelift surgery involves incisions, usually beginning in the hair line, down and around the ears. The skin is separated from the facial tissues and then repositioned. Sometimes volume is also restored with fat and the skin is re-draped over, with any excess trimmed. Sutures and clips are put in place in the incision lines.
There are three main areas included in a facelift and surgery can involve one or all areas. Areas include upper face being the forehead and brows, mid face being the cheeks and under the eyes and lower face from the mouth down and the chin and jowls.
Most people look like they did five to ten years ago.
We pride ourselves on a natural look, you should still look like you, just a refreshed you.
Of course you will continue to age at the same rate, however you’ve wound the clock back for the time being!
Typical timeline for a face lift procedure:
- Face lift surgery takes between two to four hours. The length of the hospital stay is dependent on the recovery of the individual.
- There will be post –op swelling and bruising.
- You will be in a head bandage for one week and you will need to sleep upright on pillows for a few days to help with the swelling.
- Most people start to feel better and are ready to face the world again at around three weeks. Results will continue to improve with time.
- You will need three to four weeks off work if you wish to return fully recovered.
- We will stay in touch with you by phone and see you regularly at our clinic.
We provide this treatment at the following locations
Click the locations below for more information including contact details, directions and opening hours.